Toronto Atmospheric Fund
The Toronto Atmospheric Fund is a rapidly evolving agency of the City of Toronto dedicated to helping the city reduce its climate impact. Over the past six years, GL Communications has helped TAF raise awareness and understanding of its role and its programs such that there is now wide recognition of both its uniqueness and tremendous value. GL Communications handled all aspects of TAF’s rapid-fire communications, from corporate and program website design and content to case studies, factsheets, blog posts, and branding.
• Created new corporate identity through use of consistent design elements and worked with senior staff to create core strategic vision pieces.
• Developed and implemented communication plans and branding for four incubation programs: FleetWise, TowerWise, LightSavers and SolarCityPartnership.
• Developed a TAF blog to increase outreach opportunities, helped staff understand dos and don’ts of blogging and assisted with preparing posts.
• Assisted with organizations of events, including 20th Anniversary celebration, AGMs and Dan Leckie Forums
• Designed and authored monthly e-newsletter, the Atmospheric
• Played a central role in two successful ClimateSpark crowd-sourcing challenges
• Expanded the visual identity for the Dan Leckie Forum series with an illustrative approach
• Wrote press releases and assisted with media outreach, including regular placement of TAF staff–authored articles in trade media
• Developed program materials, including overview pieces, case studies, factsheets, etc.
• Designed the marketing approach and materials for two-year Solar Neighbourhoods sales program
End result: Awareness and support for TAF is at an all-time high, and two flourishing incubation programs have now been spun off for further growth.