Green Prosperity Initiative
This collaborative effort by 20+ Ontario environmental organizations is designed to help set a positive policy agenda for the province. GL Communications has provided coordination for the group for the past four years, including facilitating annual three-day retreat and developing outreach materials.
• Facilitated group retreat and policy meetings, including development of annual priorities list
• Designed bilingual Green Prosperity website
• Coordinated meetings with provincial parties, including message track development
• Conducted video interviews with political leaders during 2011 provincial election
• Planned and coordinated environmental election debate in 2007
End result: A number of the Priorities, including an improved Endangered Species Act and a Far North Protection Act, have become law. The groups feel they have better inter-group communications and are presenting an effective “united front” at Queen’s Park.